Friday, August 1, 2008

The world in a nutshell...

Hello everybody. How y'all doin' today?
Good, I hope...
I must say that here in Netsville, things are always up in the air. I guess depending on what you are looking for. Sometimes you can find some really uplifting things to read about. Sometimes you can find some really depressing stuff, too. Either way it all sounds like this word I googled last week. This word I'm talking about is 'dichotomy'. It means a mix of things that don't necessarily work together, working together. Sounds like accepting the good and bad as one to me. Or two opposites that fit like a puzzle. Whatever the actual definition means to you, to ME it means looking at this world with an attitude of acceptance.

I found this article about a congressman apologizing for slavery. Which is a dichotomy in itself, right? On one hand it might be a good reset button for current times. On the other hand it's an insult to 300 years of complete bullshit. Excuse me for that, but it's true. And it splits the minds of black people in two. Which is good if you are into multi tasking, but a headache on top of everything else that we already have to live with. Life itself is already a struggle for ANYBODY, regardless of creed, color or religion.
And so...as I am digesting this information...I find this article : Driver runs down Woman
Which didn't give me time to even let the first article I was reading settle in my head.
It just made me think about another apology.
But a moment of clarity happened for me shortly after. I thought about all the good people I haven't read about yet. Must be thousands of stories out there about goodness. To balance out the terrible tragedies. This world might be full of nuts...but don't forget to stand back and take a nice good look at the whole tree, sometimes...

Alright y'all...lemme leave you with a song I found at Mp34u.com (my favorite music site).
An SF bay area hip hop group by the name of Mavrik.

-play-

Have a good one Y'all...
(fake)SH Sphere: Related Content

2 comments:

loveology said...

HI there!
Thank you very much for your comment on my blog, and thanks for calling me brave (which i really don't knw if i am, I was i could i AM!)
You got a very interesting blog, completely different from what i read normally, but it is definitely interesting t read your thought, although i guess it's mainly about the USA and i live in the Netherlands, so this whole 'Obama thing' isn't as big for me as it is for you.

I was wondering what you mean by the sentence: Cat of a different color can be read many ways?

I don't really understand, but i do want to understand what you mean, because maybe being a bit naive is in my nature. ;)

Well, thanks again and maybe i hear from you again.

Keep up the good work you're doing!

Have a great weekend.

:) Mila.

(fake) Son House said...

Cat of a different color?
Or maybe it was impossible color...
Need my glasses some days.
Either way it's just another statement for being different from the other cats, right? In any era...that is a brave statement.
If you are in America...you always have to consider the historic evidence involving slavery. So color has become a keyword that triggers this emotion in some of us.
Not all of us.
I certainly do not know what the Netherlands are like at all...so maybe cat of an impossible color means something different there.
See what I mean, though?
It's no big deal though, right?

If you want to check out a cat of a different color...check out my homeboy Uncle Samurai...he's black and japanese...I'm sure he some interesting things to tell you...

keep blogging Mila
SH