Tuesday, September 9, 2008

The Message


Hey y'all...how you doin out there? Here in Netsville there's plenty of time to ponder on just about anything you want to. Been listening to hip hop recently. Not the new stuff. But the old. If I want to listen to the newer stuff I always go to Mp34U and search their hip hop section. It's alright, you know? But some of these youngsters don't realize where the original message came from, sometimes. Folkes like me and Blind Lemon Jefferson and Mississippi John and Robert Johnson...we paved the first road to drop ALL of them rhymes on to.
Anyway...like I said, I was browsin through Netsville and I found a classic rap song from the 1980's. Funny how that's the past for y 'all and it's the future for me. So check it out. And tell me if this artist aint sayin' the same thing we was tryin' to sing about back when times was REALLY hard...

This here is Grand Master Flash and The Furious Five

Sphere: Related Content

No comments: